- Why do you need an internet connected dishwasher anyway? | Dishwasher has directory traversal bug | theregister.co.uk
- It's sad but I can't stop thinking "Wow the train rolled a 20" | Man decapitates himself on subway tracks. | nypost.com
- My Money's on a Borg Ship |Foreign black object hovering over secret research complex in Texas | Express.co.uk. | express.co.uk
- Scraping by on six figures? Tech workers feel poor in Silicon Valley's wealth bubble | Technology | The Guardian. | theguardian.com
- I was authorized to trash my employer's network, sysadmin tells court • The Register. | theregister.co.uk
- Very interesting and goes to confirm some of my feelings | Our Miserable 21st Century | commentary. | commentarymagazine.com
- Wait, 8 continents? Pluto isn't a planet? Common Core Math? I'd fail 1st grade | india.com
- Oh, The Memories! | Don't Call It a Comeback: Why the Nokia 3310 Is Ready to Knock Out the Competition | inc.com
- Meet George Jetson | Dubai aims to launch hover-taxi by July. | phys.org
- Doctor Who Fans, does this sound familiar? | Elon Musk: Humans must merge with machines or become irrelevant | cnbc.com
- CNN - The Most Trusted Name in News | littlecardeditor.com
- Man seeks refund from bomoh for failed exorcism, AsiaOne Malaysia News. | news.asiaone.com
- Just like Paul McCartney | The ‘Kanye West Clone’ Conspiracy Theory Is Heating Up. | uproxx.com
- I think they're just kowtowing to the UN | DC Has Canceled the Phenomenal Legend of Wonder Woman ... | io9.gizmodo.com
- Oh dear Lord in heaven... A Trump Christmas Ornament | shop.donaldjtrump.com
- Programmers confess unethical, illegal tasks asked of them. | businessinsider.com
- They should call it the "Emulsified High-Fat Offal Tube" | Hot dogs 'must be renamed' in Malaysia, says religious... | bbc.com
- Why Customers May Not Like United Airlines' New Carry-on Rules. | fortune.com
- This Code Injection Technique can Potentially Attack All Versions of Windows. | thehackernews.com
- I thought we were getting out of October without a surprise ! FBI probing new Clinton emails. | cnbc.com
- I'm just ahead of my time.
20 years ago I wished that computers only had 1 style port that anything would connect to (power, keyboard, printer, monitor, etc). It would take the mystery out of setting up a computer. One where direction didn't matter (there would be no upside down). "Plug it in anywhere" would be the setup directions.
1) Apple finally caught up with my imagination
2) Everyone thinks I'm an idiot.
- Isn't this the plot of the Will Smith "I Am Legend" | Mosquito army released in Zika fight in Brazil & Colombia | bbc.com
- Nuns.. Nuns are the answer | Teen, 18, arrested for allegedly beating Manhattan high school principal | pix11.com
- 5 more timeless lessons of programming 'graybeards' | infoworld.com
- How an army of vulnerable gadgets took down the web today - The Verge. | theverge.com
- Penthouse, Adult FriendFinder databases leak, at least 100 million accounts impacted | CSO Online. | csoonline.com
- You gotta ask, if Snoopy can't keep a job in this economy, what shot do the rest of us have? | usatoday.com
- Couple Steals 12 Bronze Vases From Farmingdale Cemetery, Police Say « CBS New York. | newyork.cbslocal.com
- I don't understand the inconsistency in people.
I have friends who were very pro Bill Clinton in spite of his sexual scandals. Defended the former President's actions, shot down and belittled his accusers. Twenty years later they are anti-Trump because of sexual scandals.
OTOH, I have friends who are very pro Trump in spite of his treatment of women. They defend him, and attack his accusers. Twenty years ago, all they could talk about was Bill Clinton's morals and character.
I can only conclude that either:
1) Many of my friends' attitudes towards woman and sexual assault have flipped 180 degrees in the past 20 years.
2) We are so consumed in #teamred vs #teamblue that nothing else matters.
20 Years ago I was anti Bill Clinton because of his treatment of women. Today I am anti Donald Trump because of his treatment of women. I am neither #teamred nor #teamblue. I believe that the person who leads this county's morals and character matter.
Do not take this as an endorsement of Hillary. I am just amazed by the hypocrisy of a number of my friends on this matter.